New Look!

Well, my blog got a new look! I know it's really pink, but it was the only baby background I could find here on blogger, so for now, it will have to do. If I find out I'm having a boy later on, I will try and change it to something different. For now, I don't mind the pink. My blog also has a new name! My Precious Little One. I have a precious little one growing in my belly. I hope you like the new look and new name! I also changed my about me to the side, and I changed the blog description at the top. Once I find out how far along I am, I want like a count down to the due date thing to add to the side. For now, my goals, and my MFP badge remain.

Yesterday was my first day eating "maintain" calories, that I logged. As I mentioned yesterday I was given 2180 calories per day, and yesterday I only ate about 1840, so I was a little more than 300 under. I'm not going to force down that many calories right now if I'm not hungry. Once I get further along in the pregnancy, yes I will force down food if need be so I'm getting enough nutrition for baby. But for now, I'm just trying to not lose much weight. This is an important time in baby's development, so I'm trying to get enough nourishment for him/her. No more dieting right now! What seems to be working best for me, is the eating schedule below. It may seem like too much, but I'm eating smaller meals, and bigger snacks, so that I'm eating about 4-6 times a day. It helps keep the nauseous feeling away and the heartburn away.

*Wake up: Small snack, and some juice (for example today was 5 saltines)
*Breakfast: Smaller breakfast than normal (under 300 calories)
*Snack #1: Small snack, like a piece of fruit (around 9-10am)
*Snack #2: Slightly larger snack, like a sandwich (around 11-12, but don't usually need both snacks before lunch)
*Lunch: Whatever we have planned for lunch as normal, but just eating less than usual (for example yesterday was about 380 calories)
*Snack #3: Small snack like some veggie chips or a fruit bar or granola bar (Only if needed, yesterday I didn't have this afternoon snack because I was full from lunch)
*Dinner: A frozen meal or leftovers usually, with some sort of sweet dessert, some cookies or a pudding or an ice cream bar (something filling enough for bed, but not to where I feel miserably full)

Anyways, not sure if that makes sense, but I don't eat THAT many times a day, it's just an estimate. Yesterday I didn't have the snack first thing in the morning, and didn't have snack #3. Mainly what I'm doing is making my main meals a little smaller, and my snacks a little bigger. When I start feeling hungry, I feel kind of nauseous, so that's usually when I know it's time for a snack.

It seems that I mainly feel sick to my stomach off and on during the morning and early afternoon. When it comes to late afternoon and evening, I start getting cramps off and on, but not really a sick feeling to my stomach. The cramps aren't major, but just make me feel like sitting down, and I still think a lot of the cramps are gas.

Also, I've been told a lot that this is the time I should be extremely tired, to where I feel I can't stay awake. I don't feel tired tired, just a little sleepy, but doesn't seem anything unusual. What I am feeling is laziness. I feel like I want to just sit on my butt on the couch. When I'm up doing housework, I feel worn out (not tired), and just feel like I need to sit down. If that's what everyone means about being "tired", then I guess I'm tired, but I just feel more worn out and lazy.

So, yesterday I made phone calls and got appointments set up. Tomorrow I go to a local pregnancy clinic for a free pregnancy test, so I can get a proof of pregnancy paper to use to get insurance. Since my pregnany tests I took sunday and monday where in the morning when the hormone is supposed to be the highest, and were really pale positives then, I'm worried that my test tomorrow, in the afternoon may not show positive. But hopefully it works okay. If not, I'll have to try going back another day I guess. Then next week, I have an appointment with WIC to get on that! I'm pretty excited about that!

Now, I've gotta get off here and go get my shower and try and make my lazy butt get up and do some housework. I've got to do avon today too. So that's it for now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

38 Weeks

End of a Busy Week!

More Baby Movement?