All Banana Smoothie Recipe!

An all banana smoothie has been sounding amazing, but I've been avoiding it, because I was afraid it wouldn't have enough nutrients in it and maybe too much sugars. I finally gave in today though and made an all banana smoothie and it was delicious. It was so creamy, and more like a milkshake than a smoothie, and it was so yummy! I won't be doing this all the time, but once in a while, it won't hurt me.
So check out my recipe, and try it out for yourself. It's more like a banana milkshake!!! YUM! Alter it however you want. And keep in mind that I don't measure things exactly. These are all estimated.
You Will Need:
-3-4 large spoonfuls of yogurt (I use Fit & Active Vanilla yogurt)
-1-2 tablespoons of honey
-About 1/4 of a cup of milk (I used Silk Almond Soymilk)
-About 2 small/medium bananas sliced up/chunked up
-About 3/4 cup of crushed ice or 1 cup of ice cubes
Directions:
-Combine all ingredients, again with the ice somewhere near the middle, and the honey not very close to the ice (because it freezes and doesn't mix in well), in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy!!!
**NOTE TO SELF (& ANYONE ELSE READING THIS)** I just had a thought. Maybe if you froze the bananas ahead of time, they would be more like a smoothie. They may not be as creamy, but they will be more icy. I guess it depends on how you like it and how you prefer it.
Comments
Post a Comment