Shannon's Simple Chicken Casserole

This is a recipe I kind of came up with on my own. Last night was the first time I tried to make it, and it was actually pretty good. Try it out. I'm sure everyone will love it!
You Will Need:
-About a pound of chicken breasts, chopped into chunks
-One bag of spiral egg noodles
-One can of peas
-One can of carrots
-One can of corn
-One can of cream of mushroom soup
-One can of cream of chicken soup
-Some milk (about a half to 3/4 a cup)
-About two tablespoons of cream cheese
-About 8-10 crackers
Directions:
-Boil your bag of noodles according to the package directions, then drain.
-Cook your chunks of chicken in just a little bit of oil, until white on the outside. If they are small enough chunks, they should be fully cooked by then.
-While your chicken and noodles are cooking, in a large mixing bowl, stir together both cans of soup, milk and cream cheese. The cream cheese will be chunky but once you add the warm ingredients, it will melt in better.
-To you soup mixture I suggest adding some spices of your choosing. I added just a little of each, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic, and parsley.
-Preheat your oven to 350.
-Once your noodles and chicken are done, add them to the large mixing bowl of soup.
-Drain all three cans of vegetables and add to the mixing bowl also. We had a can of sliced carrots, and we wanted chunks, so we cut the carrots into chunks ourself before adding to the mixture, but you can do it however you want.
-Stir everything together well.
-Spoon into a large rectangle baking dish or your choice of dish. We used two large glass pie pans.
-Once in the baking dish or dishes, crumble up your crackers in a baggie and sprinkle over the top of the mixture. You don't need a whole lot, but if you want it more crunchy, add some more!
-Bake for about 25-35 minutes. Then serve and eat!

You can alter the recipe to your liking. Change up the spices, take away or add different vegetables. Use just mushrooms soup or chicken instead of one of each. Add a little sour cream instead of cream cheese, or even both. Add crunched up chips or bread crumbs on top instead of crackers. Try a different kind of pasta. Maybe try it with hamburger instead of chicken. Make it your own. This is just the way I made it and my own creation. Take my idea and alter it to be your own! Then share your alterations so I can try them out too!
Comments
Post a Comment