29 Weeks

Here's my picture for the week.

29 Weeks: October 15th


I am officially in the third trimester! I have always heard that the beginning flys by and the end drags on and seems to take forever. It kind of has felt like the opposite for me. The beginning took a long time it seemed. Things have picked up and time is FLYING by now and I assume until she arrives. Between more frequent doctors appointments, birthing classes and other classes, to doing my thorough cleaning of the house, remodeling a bedroom, and a nursery, and soon to starting on washing up her clothes and toys and getting her room set up, time is just flying by. It's already the middle of october, I've only got 11 weeks until her due date, a little over a month until thanksgiving, it's insane.

I plan to continue my house cleaning, spring cleaning thing, one room a week from now until I'm done. Bedroom is done, Mackinley's room is done (other than putting away all her things of course), Kitchen is done, and Dining room is done. This week I start on the living room. Then have to still do the porch, hallway/stairway, spare room, bathroom, office, attic and basement. Attic is not top priority, neither is basement, but there are some things I need to do in the basement before she comes. If things keep going as they have been and I can do one room a week, I should be finished with that around the first week of december (unless I don't do the attic and basement, then it will be a week or two before that). Then starting november 1st, I plan to start washing up the 5-6 huge trash bags of clothes and covers to certain thigns (more to come after the baby shower I'm sure), and folding them and putting them away, and then washing up her toys and activity furniture (swings, bouncers, etc), and putting them where they go. I'm so excited to start on that. I also think starting november 1st, I will start packing up my hospital bag.

Mackinley is starting to be "interactive" I guess you could call it. It's getting to the point (most times, not always) where I can put some pressure on certain parts of my belly and I can feel her move around or roll. It's so awesome feeling her in there. James was able to feel her a little better the other day, doing this also. Before long it will be hard to not feel her!

Tomorrow we have our first class. It's a CPR class. James should do fine in the class since he keeps updated on it for work, but it will be the first time for me. We will see how well I do. Look for a post about it probably wednesday. It's only an hour class, but it will be a late night for us. I'm nervous about it, but it's probably the most simple class we are taking, and shortest.

This week is a semi-easy week compared to last week. Last week was 3 appointments. This week we just have one class and then we are going to James' grandma's house friday to carve pumpkins. That's our major plans this week. Oh and getting Mackinley's furniture all moved back to her room.

I've been waking up during the night, and especially in the morning with my right hand being numb. And really sore. Then the soreness (really bad soreness) lasts most of the morning. Usually by afternoon it's better, but still slightly sore, then starts all over again the next day. It's like a pain deep in the middle of my palm and up my thumb. I can't make a fist in the morning, I can barely open a bottle of water it's so bad. I associated it with the pregnancy, and how my joints are able to move a little more freely and spread out. But in my What To Expect When You're Expecting book I was reading (month 6) yesterday, it's normal for a percentage of women to develop carpal tunnel in their hand(s) during pregnancy. Because of the hormone that allows the joints to spread out a little more, and also because of water retention putting pressure on a certain nerve or something. So it's good to see it's normal, but it sucks because it's painful and difficult to do certain things. Only ways to help it really is try to not sleep on your hands (which I try to, but sometimes wake up on them), and to possibly wear a wrist brace (but don't have one, and don't wanna buy one, probably won't be easy to sleep in anyways!). It sucks that it's my right hand that I use so much. It's probably only gotten so bad over the last couple weeks because of all the painting we've been doing, and the scrubbing and cleaning I've been working on. They said in my book that most times after pregnancy it goes away pretty easily. Other times it sticks around and in rare cases needs surgery. Hopefully I get lucky and it goes away.

I have eaten horrible this past weekend. I've been so hungry and can't seem to get full. Plus what I have eaten has not been the best. Like yesterday I ate a whole box of macaroni and cheese by myself.... for a snack, not even a meal. So this week I'm gonna try and do better. I think on weekends when James is gone I overeat anyways, because I'm alone and not accountable to anyone but myself, and that I'm so bored usually.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

38 Weeks

End of a Busy Week!

More Baby Movement?