Appointment Updates

So to update you on my appointments I've had this week, so that I don't forget to do so in my next weekly update.

Tuesday I had my doctors appointment. I saw the same doctor I saw last time, and last week I liked her a lot, but this week, she was not thorough, didn't answer any questions for me, it was a very short visit, and then she left and shut the door and didn't tell us if we were able to leave yet, so we were just sitting there like idiots waiting on someone else to come in, and a nurse finally came in and said we could leave. I tried to cut her some slack because apparently a lot of doctors were out that day so she was seeing lots of patients, but still. She moved down a bit on my ranking of the doctors I've seen. Anyways, we asked to be seen by a different doctor next time, not just for that reason, but because there was one doctor I have not seen yet, and I want to keep up the rotating through, rather than meeting them all once, and sticking with one the rest of the time.

My blood pressure was up again, of course, but the nurse had me lay on my side and took it again in a few minutes and it was great. My last few appointments when she takes it the second time, it's like 130's/70's. The second time she took it tuesday though it was 124/58. Best I've seen since it's been high.

I found out I'm now onto the every 2 week appointments. I thought I still had ONE that was 4 weeks away before starting the 2 weeks, but apparently my book THEY gave me was wrong. Haha. Doesn't bother me. I'm getting used to going. It's just meaning it's that much closer since I'm down to going every 2 weeks!!!

When the doctor measured my belly she said I'm measuring a little big for being only 28 weeks, so she scheduled me for an ultrasound to measure the growth of the baby. I honestly am thinking it's just ME that's big. She's measured right on schedule at every ultrasound so far, but I've gained a lot of weight, so I'm thinking it's really just me having extra fat that is making me measure big. But it doesn't bother me to have to have an extra ultrasound! Just means I get to see my baby again! And this is the SECOND extra ultrasound I've got to have so far (at the doctors anyways) that most people don't get in pregnancy. I feel very special and lucky to get to see her more. Especially because it's not for bad reasons. I've got my fingers crossed though that she's not measuring big and they move my due date up! I still have tons to do! More about my ultrasound later....

Then wednesday I had my rhogam shot. I had to go to the hospital for it. I went to the lab and they drew blood (I still won't look, but it's getting easier to have it done), and then they had to send it to be tested for something. I really don't know what they were checking for unless they were checking themselves that I was a negative blood type and/or pregnant. Haha. But we had to wait about 15-20 minutes for that to be done. Then a nurse came and got me and took me up to the maternity floor for my shot.

Two nurses took me into a really big room with 2 beds. First they took my blood pressure. Of course. It was high, but this time I got to see the first number, where as at the doctors they never tell me the first set of numbers, only that it's high. It was 160/89. She had used a regular sized cuff on me but it was pretty small, so she got a bigger cuff and tried again. Much better numbers, not the greatest, but better. 137/89. Then they listened to the baby's heartbeat. 150. (The doctor tuesday didn't even tell us what her heartbeat was). I really liked this nurse at the hospital. She was extremely nice and polite and made me feel really comfortable. I hope she's there when I go into labor!!

Anyways, then it was time for my shot. Great. I was told by the nurse at the doctors office that it would be in my butt and that it was an "ouchie" shot. So I was expecting the worst. I figured I'd have to strip down and bend over the table to get this shot, but I was able to stay dressed, and lay on the bed on my side. Really the shot was not in my butt I wouldn't say technically. It was really high up, almost on my back, but still in my butt region, and it was way over almost on my hip. So really she just had to slightly move my pants down a bit. Yay, no stripping my clothes off and baring my butt! Haha. It definitely hurt worse than getting blood drawn or getting a shot in the arm. When she stuck it in (even though she told me when she was going to), it was painful and made me jump. And it kind of stung for like an hour or two afterwards. BUT not as painful as I was expecting. I will have to get another after Mackinley is born if she's a positive blood type. If she's negative, no more shot for me. Although if I understand correctly I have to get a new shot with each pregnancy at 28 weeks. No big deal. Just the way my blood is. My sister had to have it too, and it makes me wonder if my other sister will also need it. I'm not sure of her blood type.

Thankfully the shot really did not leave my leg or butt very sore at all. Sitting or walking or laying didn't hurt. Only thing that hurt, and just for a day or two, was just pushing on my butt in that area. But just tenderness, not hurt really.

So today, I had my ultrasound. It went very well. They measured my inside parts and the liquid around the baby (which was plenty), and they measured some of her. They measured a leg, her belly, her head, and took some pictures of her kidneys and bladder and so on. A lot of the measurements they were taking measured her at 31 weeks, but some of her parts were still measuring at 28 weeks. They said she is measuring in the 70th percentile, and that she's measuring a little big, but not so big that they are gonna change my due date or that there is any reason to worry. She's now 3 pounds 2-3 ounces! She's a big girl! And they said by some of her measurements that she will probably end up tall! Now I can quit wondering on that part.

She was moving around a lot while they were looking at her. At one point she even fully twisted around and faced the opposite direction! I have not been feeling any twisting around or anything that I can tell, just movements that feel like jerks or twitches, or of course kicks. We also got to see her cute little chubby cheeks again, and her little mouth. We actually got to see her sucking on her lips, which was SOOOO adorable. And she still had her hands up near her face which she has done at every ultrasound so far!

I've been telling James all week that it seems like everytime I stand up or am on my feet for a couple minutes I feel the strong urge that I have to go pee. Well when they were doing the ultrasound the lady asked if I had to pee because she said my bladder filled up quite a bit just in the time I was getting the ultrasound, and then she showed me my bladder. My bladder was right up against her head, like RIGHT there. So when I stand up, all her weight and her head pushes on my bladder. So it makes sense now! I figured she was just pushing on my bladder or kicking my bladder, but no, her head is right on it, so everytime I stand I'm gonna have to go! I just worry how bad it's gonna get when she gains another 2-3 pounds and there's that much more pressure! I hope I don't pee myself! Haha.

They gave me two more pictures. One of her cute little face, and one of her heartbeat. Which was 143 today. They said she is definitely quite a mover! I can't wait for her to be here. If she continues to grow at this rate, she may come early, but that's alright. As long as she's healthy and at a good enough weight, I don't mind her being here early. I kind of hope she comes a week or so before christmas. I'm not looking forward to being like 38-39 weeks pregnant having to go to 50 different places to celebrate christmas, being HUGE and uncomfortable, and worrying about going into labor too far from the hospital or my water breaking on someone's couch or something. I'd rather be a little sore, and tired, and have my baby out here with me. But I guess I just want her here. She will come when she's ready! I'll just have to wait and see!

On a side note, James was finally able to feel Mackinley move. It wasn't a big kick or anything, but just a little twitch or jerk. I hope he gets to feel her more, and more of the bigger movements soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

38 Weeks

End of a Busy Week!

More Baby Movement?