Garlic Honey Chicken Recipe (Freezer Meal For Later)
I found this recipe through Pinterest. I made it up to put in the freezer for a meal after Mackinley is here. Here is the link to the original recipe.
Garlic Honey Chicken
You Will Need:
-1.5-2 pounds chicken breasts (I buy big bags of them so I used about 4 chicken breasts)
-3 garlic cloves, minced (I buy the jars of minced garlic so I used about 1-2 tablespoons)
-1/3 cup soy sauce
-2/3 cup ketchup
-1/4 cup honey
-One large gallon freezer baggie
(If you like extra sauce it says to double the sauce ingredients. I did not just because I was not in the mood to measure out double the honey. I was having much difficulty getting it out of the bottle!!!!)
Directions:
-If your chicken is frozen, it's probably best to thaw it before mixing with the sauce so it can get the flavor into the chicken. That's just my opinion, the directions do not specify.
-Its easiest to write on your baggie before you add ingredients, so write the following on the baggie.
*Name of the recipe so you know what it is.
*Date you made it.
*Cook 3-4 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low.
-Add all the ingredients to the baggie. I put all the ingredients except for the chicken into the baggie and stirred/shook it up to mix the sauce together well. Then added the chicken and gave it another quick stir/shake.
-Stick in the freezer, freeze, and pull it out when you're ready to make it.
The sauce mixture sounds a little gross, but once you get them all mixed together it smelled really good. It smelled like a chinese dish.
Once I actually make this recipe I will get pictures and post how it tasted and turned out.
Comments
Post a Comment