Crockpot Italian Chicken Recipe


I found this recipe on pinterest. However looking further into it, the picture that it shows is not even for the recipe I'm making. Confusing, but I'll post what I'm making. And here is the link for where I found it.

Crockpot Italian Chicken Recipe

You Will Need:
-4 chicken breasts (mine were kind of small but I have a small crockpot)
-2 cans of cream of chicken soup (I used fit and active to lower calories a bit)
-8 oz cream cheese (I used neufchatel)
-One packet of italian dressing seasoning
-Seasonings of your choice (I added some salt and pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and a little bit of italian seasoning)
-Milk if needed to thin the sauce out a bit
-Pasta of your choice (you can use spaghetti, rotini, whatever, I think I will be using penne pasta tonight)

Directions:
-Put everything in the crockpot except for the pasta. I put the chicken on bottom, the seasonings and packet of italian dressing on top of the chicken, then put in the soup and cream cheese.


-The directions say to cook on low for 4 hours, but I am cooking on high for a couple hours because my chicken was still frozen, and then I will shred the chicken and turn it on low for a couple hours until time to eat.
-When you're about ready to eat, prepare your pasta according to the boxes directions.
-To serve, put some chicken mixture over the pasta and enjoy!

This turned out really good. A lot of recipes when I make them the first time, I try and stick as much to the recipe as possible and just decide when I taste it what needs added. Well we really couldn't come up with anything that needed added or changed in this recipe. It was good just the way it was. It was thick and creamy and tasted really good. I think I may make this recipe up again sometime and freeze it to be thawed and used later on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

38 Weeks

End of a Busy Week!

More Baby Movement?