31 Weeks
I still don't have my laptop up and running, so no picture again, but will post them once I'm able. Last thursday I dropped off my laptop to a place to be fixed, and they said it should take no more than a week, so hopefully by this thursday I should have it back and can get pictures up. I've also got some pictures of Mackinley's room I've been wanting to add to facebook.
I'm into the single digits! Only 9 weeks left! (If she comes on time and not early!)
My biggest complaint this week is the pain and numbness in my right hand. I believe I blogged about it already, but I was having some pain and numbness in my right hand, which I read in my book could be pregnancy related carpal tunnel. Well the pain has not really changed. It's still about the same. No worse, but not really better. Hurts most in the morning. It's difficult to do my hair, open water bottles, and write. But the numbness has gotten worse. Off and on all day the fingertips on my index and middle fingers go numb. It's hard to hold onto things, and it's just a really annoying feeling. I'll be glad when it's gone.
I had my WIC appointment monday. It was pretty simple. They are concerned about my weight gain. However they are showing I gained more than I really have. At least by 6 pounds. I gave them my start weight before pregnancy as 180, and that was before I knew exactly when I got pregnant. So to be more exact I weighed 186.2 like 3 days after I got pregnant. That's the closest date I weighed myself to my conception date so it's more accurate than the 180 I gave them. Plus that day I had eaten HORRIBLE, and yes I'm not exaggerating. I bought a big thing of chocolate mini donuts and ate more than half the pack along wih many other things that day. So that right there was probably showing for an extra 4-5 pounds I really wouldn't have had otherwise.
Anyways, they gave me my same 3 months of coupons, same foods, for november, december and january. Apparently once Mackinley arrives I have to call and make an appointment for both of us to go in, and at that time they will take back any unused coupons (which should be all of january, and possibly some december too), and then give me new coupons based on our situation at the time. For one, we have to pretty much reapply and give income information (which will be the same, so that's not a problem), and then it will depend on if I'm breastfeeding and how much. If I'm having to supplement with formula for some reason they will put formula on the coupons and give me less food. If I'm exclusively breastfeeding I will get more foods for me. So we will have to see how things work out. I hope to exclusively breastfeed, but it doesn't always work out the way you want it, so we will have to see how well I do.
Jack our youngest cat is really attached to my belly. On one hand I think he may just be jealous and trying to get lovings from momma, but on the other hand I think he is getting attached to Mackinley. He likes to sleep ON my belly or up against it, he rests his head on my belly, and he even licked my belly (through my shirt) the other day. And all this time she moves around but he just stays there. And the reason I think he's attached to her, is because he did not used to sleep so much on my belly before I was pregnant, he was perfectly content near my knees or feet. And he purrs so much more now, and louder than he ever used to when he's sleeping on/against my belly. It's really cute. I hope he's this lovable and nice once she's actually here.
So this week will be busy, but not like last week! Mostly it's catching up on some housework, and then I'm gonna do my thorough cleaning on the spare room this week, and then I started on Mackinley's clothes and things this weekend, so I will continue to work on that stuff.
Not this coming weekend, but next weekend is the baby shower! I'm so excited!
I'll admit, I've always snored, but the further along in my pregnancy I get, the louder and worse I snore. Poor James has to deal with me. I'm horrible when I lay on my back. And the thing is, when I fall asleep, I'm always on my side, but I end up waking up on my back all the time. I roll to my back in my sleep. But my snoring has gotten so bad that it's starting to bother me. A few times in the past couple weeks I have woke myself up snoring so loud. And last week one night I was dreaming that I was having a lot of trouble breathing and making this weird sound (but of course in the dream I was awake and walking around so it was strange), and I ended up waking myself up snoring. I was actually dreaming I wasn't breathing well, because I was snoring. It was so bad my throat was killing me. Worst it's probably ever been so far. I think James will be happy when my snoring goes back to normal. I think I will be too. However I did tell James I can't be sure that it's actually pregnancy related. We also got our new bed while I was pregnant, so either it's pregnancy related, or we just have a freaking comfortable bed to where I sleep so good I snore horribly. So if it's not pregnancy related, I'm not sure if it will go away, but I'm assuming it has to do with the pregnancy and weight gain and compressed lungs and so on.
I think the third trimester tiredness that comes back is slowly starting to hit. I've been a little extra sleepy and lazy (not really tired or exhausted yet). I've been falling asleep sitting up on the couch for a few minutes at a time, or needing a nap or whatever. This is why I was smart and started on the major cleaning before the third trimester hit. I've got the major rooms done and am now just working on the smaller, easier rooms. Plus Mackinley's room which is simple enough, and fun! I hope the tiredness does not pick up too quickly, I still have things I wanna get done first, but we will just have to wait and see I guess!
On thursday I had my doctors appointment. I met the last doctor that I had not yet met. I think I've mentioned it before, but I kind of rank the doctors I've met on who I like the most. Well this doctor I saw thursday is #1 on my list. I really liked her. She was friendly, talkative, made me feel comfortable, very polite, answered my questions, and actually looked at me when talking to me making it seem she was paying attention. I found out that there is very very little possibility that a midwife will need to deliver my baby. Only if the doctor that is on call is in surgery and I need to deliver like RIGHT NOW. That's about the only way. Otherwise it will be a doctor who delivers me. So I thought I had met all the doctors, however I found out that the doctor in another city also delivers babies at the hospital I will be going to, so there's a SLIGHT chance that she could be there to deliver me. But only way to meet her ahead of time is to go way out of my way to another city for an appointment, which I do not want to do. So I will hope that she's not there that day and that I get a doctor I have at least met. I will also secretly be hoping for one of my higher ranked doctors to be there and not one of the couple that I don't care for as much.
So as I figured, my weight was just extremely high at WIC monday because of the bad eating I had done. When I was weighed thursday at my doctors appointment, it was about 2 pounds lower than it was monday. I'm still gaining quite a bit, but I was glad to see that monday was just a little screwed up from my eating, and not what I actually was weighing. This doctor did tell me (politely at least) that I need to watch what I'm eating and get exercise when I can. That this is time to be healthy and not eat whatever I want. I have been trying, I really have. It's not easy AT ALL. I'm gonna continue to try, because it's not like I want to gain this much weight.
One really really good thing about my appointment, is that my blood pressure was good the FIRST time she took it. It didn't need taken a second time after me lying down on my left side or anything. It was 130/70, which is good. I was ecstatic to hear that. My blood pressure has been a slight worry for me, so seeing it was good for once, made me really happy. I did try something different, that could have affected it a little, but not so much I wouldn't think. Usually I eat something right before my doctors appointment once James is home (because that's our normal lunchtime), usually a frozen meal or a hot pocket thing or something like that. Something that's usually a little high in sodium (and affects blood pressure). So yesterday I did not eat anything after about 10:30 or 11 until James got home, and when he got home, rather than eating something big, I just ate an apple to hold me over until after my appointment. So maybe that had a little to do with my blood pressure being normal for once. I don't think it would help THAT much, but I think it might have helped some. I may try it again next appointment and see if it works. But either way, I'm just happy it was okay. I've been watching for signs of pre-eclampsia, but so far I'm really okay. I've not had pain in my liver area that they said to watch for. I've not had blurry vision or frequent headaches. I've not had major swelling of my feet or hands or anything. Only when I've been on my feet and had a busy day with a lot of walking or standing and not much putting my feet up. That swelling does not count. It's dependent swelling as I've heard it called. It's different.
Mackinley's heartbeat was fine. She did not however tell me the number it was, but it was okay, because she was fine. She measured my belly and said that according to that, I'm measuring 2 weeks ahead, but that ultrasounds are more accurate, and since my ultrasound showed me as in the normal range (the 70th percentile, but normal), that there is no need for worry because it's more accurate. However I've still got my fingers crossed that maybe she will come about 2 weeks early (AS LONG AS she's healthy and fully developed, don't get me wrong, I don't want her early if she's not ready).
I also asked the doctor about the pain and numbness in my hand. She said exactly what I expected it was, what I read in my book, carpal tunnel. She said there's not much you can do, and it won't go away until the baby is here most likely. She said exactly what I've already done also, to get a wrist wrap and wear it to bed. So nothing I can do, guess I just gotta deal with it!
I go back in two weeks for another appointment. I will be seeing a doctor I've already met (of course since I've met them all now), and she's the one I have ranked #3 out of the 4 doctors. I would like to see doctor #1 again, and doctor #2 again before I deliver. I have met them all only once. I've seen doctor #4 twice already, so I may not see her again.
Friday I went and did a little bra shopping. I also got some new undies just because I only have a few pairs that fit comfortably right now and they aren't in the best shape. But anyways, I was able to find 2 new comfy bras taht fit. Nothing pretty or fancy. Nothing with a wire, and they aren't considered sports bras. They are stretchy and one has small pads in them, but they aren't snug. I absolutely hate bra shopping because I can never find anything to fit me right. These two new bras I got are probably not as supportive as they would like, but I don't know how to find good supportive ones that aren't tight like a sports bra or have the wires to hold it up! The bras I've been wearing are slightly too small around, but have been worn enough they are stretched out, and they are like 2 cup sizes too small. So thankfully I got at least 2 comfy bras.
While I was there I was also checking out the nursing bras. I found a couple I really liked, but trying on the largest size they had (2XL) still was just not big enough. Especially because they said by the time I'm ready for the nursing bras, I will need about 1-2 cup sizes bigger than I'm wearing now. And these I could BARELY squeeze into now, so there's no way they would fit once my milk came in. So I tried some other nursing bras that were a little more expensive, but came in number and letter sizes. I also tried on the biggest ones they had (40-42 C's, D's, and DD's). 42 DD was the biggest size they had. That one fit okay. Comfortable but snug for right now, but there was no way after I get my milk in that they would fit. The cup size, and the boob part of it was actually snug and didn't leave a whole lot of room for expanding. So to be honest, I'm not even sure what I'm gonna do about a nursing bra if the biggest ones do not fit now even. It's rediculous and was very frustrating. And the sad part is, I have always been a B or C, with some C's even being a little big. My boobs have gotten slightly bigger, but not so big that a DD would not fit. They really are honestly NOT that big. I just don't get it. So I gave up on nursing bras for now. I don't need them quite yet, just thought I would try them while I was there. Just not sure what I'm gonna do once I actually do need them and can't find any to fit.
Sorry, this is a really long post, with lots of information! Had a lot go on in the past week!
I'm into the single digits! Only 9 weeks left! (If she comes on time and not early!)
My biggest complaint this week is the pain and numbness in my right hand. I believe I blogged about it already, but I was having some pain and numbness in my right hand, which I read in my book could be pregnancy related carpal tunnel. Well the pain has not really changed. It's still about the same. No worse, but not really better. Hurts most in the morning. It's difficult to do my hair, open water bottles, and write. But the numbness has gotten worse. Off and on all day the fingertips on my index and middle fingers go numb. It's hard to hold onto things, and it's just a really annoying feeling. I'll be glad when it's gone.
I had my WIC appointment monday. It was pretty simple. They are concerned about my weight gain. However they are showing I gained more than I really have. At least by 6 pounds. I gave them my start weight before pregnancy as 180, and that was before I knew exactly when I got pregnant. So to be more exact I weighed 186.2 like 3 days after I got pregnant. That's the closest date I weighed myself to my conception date so it's more accurate than the 180 I gave them. Plus that day I had eaten HORRIBLE, and yes I'm not exaggerating. I bought a big thing of chocolate mini donuts and ate more than half the pack along wih many other things that day. So that right there was probably showing for an extra 4-5 pounds I really wouldn't have had otherwise.
Anyways, they gave me my same 3 months of coupons, same foods, for november, december and january. Apparently once Mackinley arrives I have to call and make an appointment for both of us to go in, and at that time they will take back any unused coupons (which should be all of january, and possibly some december too), and then give me new coupons based on our situation at the time. For one, we have to pretty much reapply and give income information (which will be the same, so that's not a problem), and then it will depend on if I'm breastfeeding and how much. If I'm having to supplement with formula for some reason they will put formula on the coupons and give me less food. If I'm exclusively breastfeeding I will get more foods for me. So we will have to see how things work out. I hope to exclusively breastfeed, but it doesn't always work out the way you want it, so we will have to see how well I do.
Jack our youngest cat is really attached to my belly. On one hand I think he may just be jealous and trying to get lovings from momma, but on the other hand I think he is getting attached to Mackinley. He likes to sleep ON my belly or up against it, he rests his head on my belly, and he even licked my belly (through my shirt) the other day. And all this time she moves around but he just stays there. And the reason I think he's attached to her, is because he did not used to sleep so much on my belly before I was pregnant, he was perfectly content near my knees or feet. And he purrs so much more now, and louder than he ever used to when he's sleeping on/against my belly. It's really cute. I hope he's this lovable and nice once she's actually here.
So this week will be busy, but not like last week! Mostly it's catching up on some housework, and then I'm gonna do my thorough cleaning on the spare room this week, and then I started on Mackinley's clothes and things this weekend, so I will continue to work on that stuff.
Not this coming weekend, but next weekend is the baby shower! I'm so excited!
I'll admit, I've always snored, but the further along in my pregnancy I get, the louder and worse I snore. Poor James has to deal with me. I'm horrible when I lay on my back. And the thing is, when I fall asleep, I'm always on my side, but I end up waking up on my back all the time. I roll to my back in my sleep. But my snoring has gotten so bad that it's starting to bother me. A few times in the past couple weeks I have woke myself up snoring so loud. And last week one night I was dreaming that I was having a lot of trouble breathing and making this weird sound (but of course in the dream I was awake and walking around so it was strange), and I ended up waking myself up snoring. I was actually dreaming I wasn't breathing well, because I was snoring. It was so bad my throat was killing me. Worst it's probably ever been so far. I think James will be happy when my snoring goes back to normal. I think I will be too. However I did tell James I can't be sure that it's actually pregnancy related. We also got our new bed while I was pregnant, so either it's pregnancy related, or we just have a freaking comfortable bed to where I sleep so good I snore horribly. So if it's not pregnancy related, I'm not sure if it will go away, but I'm assuming it has to do with the pregnancy and weight gain and compressed lungs and so on.
I think the third trimester tiredness that comes back is slowly starting to hit. I've been a little extra sleepy and lazy (not really tired or exhausted yet). I've been falling asleep sitting up on the couch for a few minutes at a time, or needing a nap or whatever. This is why I was smart and started on the major cleaning before the third trimester hit. I've got the major rooms done and am now just working on the smaller, easier rooms. Plus Mackinley's room which is simple enough, and fun! I hope the tiredness does not pick up too quickly, I still have things I wanna get done first, but we will just have to wait and see I guess!
On thursday I had my doctors appointment. I met the last doctor that I had not yet met. I think I've mentioned it before, but I kind of rank the doctors I've met on who I like the most. Well this doctor I saw thursday is #1 on my list. I really liked her. She was friendly, talkative, made me feel comfortable, very polite, answered my questions, and actually looked at me when talking to me making it seem she was paying attention. I found out that there is very very little possibility that a midwife will need to deliver my baby. Only if the doctor that is on call is in surgery and I need to deliver like RIGHT NOW. That's about the only way. Otherwise it will be a doctor who delivers me. So I thought I had met all the doctors, however I found out that the doctor in another city also delivers babies at the hospital I will be going to, so there's a SLIGHT chance that she could be there to deliver me. But only way to meet her ahead of time is to go way out of my way to another city for an appointment, which I do not want to do. So I will hope that she's not there that day and that I get a doctor I have at least met. I will also secretly be hoping for one of my higher ranked doctors to be there and not one of the couple that I don't care for as much.
So as I figured, my weight was just extremely high at WIC monday because of the bad eating I had done. When I was weighed thursday at my doctors appointment, it was about 2 pounds lower than it was monday. I'm still gaining quite a bit, but I was glad to see that monday was just a little screwed up from my eating, and not what I actually was weighing. This doctor did tell me (politely at least) that I need to watch what I'm eating and get exercise when I can. That this is time to be healthy and not eat whatever I want. I have been trying, I really have. It's not easy AT ALL. I'm gonna continue to try, because it's not like I want to gain this much weight.
One really really good thing about my appointment, is that my blood pressure was good the FIRST time she took it. It didn't need taken a second time after me lying down on my left side or anything. It was 130/70, which is good. I was ecstatic to hear that. My blood pressure has been a slight worry for me, so seeing it was good for once, made me really happy. I did try something different, that could have affected it a little, but not so much I wouldn't think. Usually I eat something right before my doctors appointment once James is home (because that's our normal lunchtime), usually a frozen meal or a hot pocket thing or something like that. Something that's usually a little high in sodium (and affects blood pressure). So yesterday I did not eat anything after about 10:30 or 11 until James got home, and when he got home, rather than eating something big, I just ate an apple to hold me over until after my appointment. So maybe that had a little to do with my blood pressure being normal for once. I don't think it would help THAT much, but I think it might have helped some. I may try it again next appointment and see if it works. But either way, I'm just happy it was okay. I've been watching for signs of pre-eclampsia, but so far I'm really okay. I've not had pain in my liver area that they said to watch for. I've not had blurry vision or frequent headaches. I've not had major swelling of my feet or hands or anything. Only when I've been on my feet and had a busy day with a lot of walking or standing and not much putting my feet up. That swelling does not count. It's dependent swelling as I've heard it called. It's different.
Mackinley's heartbeat was fine. She did not however tell me the number it was, but it was okay, because she was fine. She measured my belly and said that according to that, I'm measuring 2 weeks ahead, but that ultrasounds are more accurate, and since my ultrasound showed me as in the normal range (the 70th percentile, but normal), that there is no need for worry because it's more accurate. However I've still got my fingers crossed that maybe she will come about 2 weeks early (AS LONG AS she's healthy and fully developed, don't get me wrong, I don't want her early if she's not ready).
I also asked the doctor about the pain and numbness in my hand. She said exactly what I expected it was, what I read in my book, carpal tunnel. She said there's not much you can do, and it won't go away until the baby is here most likely. She said exactly what I've already done also, to get a wrist wrap and wear it to bed. So nothing I can do, guess I just gotta deal with it!
I go back in two weeks for another appointment. I will be seeing a doctor I've already met (of course since I've met them all now), and she's the one I have ranked #3 out of the 4 doctors. I would like to see doctor #1 again, and doctor #2 again before I deliver. I have met them all only once. I've seen doctor #4 twice already, so I may not see her again.
Friday I went and did a little bra shopping. I also got some new undies just because I only have a few pairs that fit comfortably right now and they aren't in the best shape. But anyways, I was able to find 2 new comfy bras taht fit. Nothing pretty or fancy. Nothing with a wire, and they aren't considered sports bras. They are stretchy and one has small pads in them, but they aren't snug. I absolutely hate bra shopping because I can never find anything to fit me right. These two new bras I got are probably not as supportive as they would like, but I don't know how to find good supportive ones that aren't tight like a sports bra or have the wires to hold it up! The bras I've been wearing are slightly too small around, but have been worn enough they are stretched out, and they are like 2 cup sizes too small. So thankfully I got at least 2 comfy bras.
While I was there I was also checking out the nursing bras. I found a couple I really liked, but trying on the largest size they had (2XL) still was just not big enough. Especially because they said by the time I'm ready for the nursing bras, I will need about 1-2 cup sizes bigger than I'm wearing now. And these I could BARELY squeeze into now, so there's no way they would fit once my milk came in. So I tried some other nursing bras that were a little more expensive, but came in number and letter sizes. I also tried on the biggest ones they had (40-42 C's, D's, and DD's). 42 DD was the biggest size they had. That one fit okay. Comfortable but snug for right now, but there was no way after I get my milk in that they would fit. The cup size, and the boob part of it was actually snug and didn't leave a whole lot of room for expanding. So to be honest, I'm not even sure what I'm gonna do about a nursing bra if the biggest ones do not fit now even. It's rediculous and was very frustrating. And the sad part is, I have always been a B or C, with some C's even being a little big. My boobs have gotten slightly bigger, but not so big that a DD would not fit. They really are honestly NOT that big. I just don't get it. So I gave up on nursing bras for now. I don't need them quite yet, just thought I would try them while I was there. Just not sure what I'm gonna do once I actually do need them and can't find any to fit.
Sorry, this is a really long post, with lots of information! Had a lot go on in the past week!
Comments
Post a Comment