Taco Soup Recipe (Freezer Meal for Later)
Since I'm pregnant, I plan to make up crockpot meals in freezer baggies and casseroles and freeze stuff so I have a good stock of food in my freezer for when the baby arrives. Otherwise, I'm sure we would be eating a lot of fast food and junk and pizza. So this is the first of (hopefully) many recipes that will be made up before Mackinley's arrival, frozen, and then posted. However of course I will have to come back and update once the food is actually cooked with pictures and how it tasted. So for now it will really just be the recipe, and maybe some pictures of preparation. Of course you could probably cut the recipe in half and go ahead and cook it rather than freeze it if you wanted.
This recipe I found through pinterest. The lady who posted this has lots of crockpot freezer meals posted! So here is the link to the original recipe.
Taco Soup Recipe
You Will Need:
-Two one gallon size freezer baggies
-2 lbs ground beef or turkey, browned (I'm using lean ground beef)
-2 cans crushed tomatoes with chiles (I'm using rotel, and I'm not draining completely, I'm gonna leave about half the juice for some flavor)
-1 16oz package frozen corn
-2 cans black beans (drained)
-2 cans kidney beans (drained)
-1 large onion (chopped)(I added it to the beef as it was cooking)
-Seasonings (taco seasoning, chili powder, salt and pepper, garlic) (I'm going to use minced garlic rather than powder and I'm going to add my seasoning to the beef as it is cooking)
Directions:
-On each baggie, put the date, the name of the recipe (just in case it's hard to tell once it's frozen), then also put the following directions:
*Add one cup water
*Cook on low 4-6 hours
*Serve with sour cream, tortilla chips, and cheese.
(I had trouble getting the marker to show up once the food was in the baggie, so I also taped a peice of paper with the same info on it on each baggie, however the tape is having trouble sticking to the baggie, so I don't know, just make sure you know what's in it, what you have to do, and the date of course).
-Into each baggie put 1 lb of the meat, one can of tomatoes, half the package of corn, one can of black beans, one can of kidney beans, and half the onion.
-Seal up the bag, shake carefully to mix (or I just used a long spoon and kind of stirred things together), lay flat in the freezer and freeze.
Then when you're ready to eat it, pull out one baggie (yes this makes TWO meals!), thaw for a short time until you're able to get it out of the baggie and fit it in the crockpot, then put it in the crockpot and follow directions on the bag!
Comments
Post a Comment