Pumpkin Muffin/Cupcakes Recipes


This recipe was given to me from my friend Melissa. I'm not sure if she created it herself or found it somewhere, but I got it from her. Extremely simple and really yummy.

You Will Need:
-One box cake mix, white or yellow (I used white)
-One 15 oz can pumpkin
-About 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice (This was my addition, not mentioned by my friend Melissa)


Directions:
-Preheat the oven according to the box, mine was 350.
-Pour the cake mix in a bowl, the dry cake mix only!
-Add the can of pumpkin, and mix. Then add the pumpkin pie spice, if you want, and mix.


-You have quite a few options to bake it. You can put them in cupcake pans or muffin pans, I used mini muffin pans. I assume (not sure because I haven't tried), but you could possibly just put it on cookie sheets like cookies, or bake it like a loaf of bread, or really whatever you want I think. It's a thick mix when you mix it up, and it poofs, but I wouldn't say it spreads too much.
-As for time, it's gonna depend on how you bake it. There was no option on the back of my box for mini muffins. It said for cupcakes to bake for 16-18 minutes, but these were tiny, so I guessed on time, and that's just what you will have to do. Guess on time, go low, and keep checking them and adding just a few minutes at a time. For my mini muffins they baked for 12 minutes.


I ended up with 39 mini muffins. I think this has many options. You can create some sort of icing for them and do them like cupcakes, or really whatever. They are good on their own though. You taste the cake mix and pumpkin evenly, and the pumpkin pie spice was a nice addition (although I didn't try them without to compare).

Also, my husband is not a big pumpkin fan at all. He doesn't like pumpkin pie or anything like that. However he liked these muffin/cupcakes. He's eaten quite a few actually. I don't know if this is just an exception to his no pumpkin thing, or if he's really starting to like pumpkin things. A few weeks ago he tried my pumpkin milkshake, TWICE, meaning he actually liked it a little. Maybe he just hasn't had much opportunity to try good pumpkin stuff. Anyways, he has not been a fan of pumpkin, yet liked these, so they are worth trying.

Comments

  1. I used a yellow cake mix for mine... but next time i am using s spice cake mix i think it will be super yummeh!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

38 Weeks

End of a Busy Week!

More Baby Movement?