Day 1 - A New Beginning
I decided to lose weight because I feel that I'm overweight, I don't feel good about myself, and I'm not comfortable.
A while back I tried for two months straight to lose weight. I dieted and exercised a lot. My weight fluctuated up and down the whole time, but I never got down more than 5 pounds. This time I changed one important variable, that should help the weight come off easier this time.
I have been taking birth control pills for more than 4 years straight. Before I started my pills, I weighed about 135. Since the day I started my pills I have steadily gained weight. Over 4 years I have gained 94 pounds. So yes, that currently makes me 229.4 pounds. Whether the weight was all from my pills or not, myself and many other people think that they had plenty to do with it.
So tuesday I took my last birth control pill, and yesterday was my first day without a pill. Today should be the start of the pills making their way out of my system. I'm hoping that by stopping my birth control the weight will come off easier. Also, I've been having some blood pressure issues for a while, and I'm hoping by stopping the pills and losing the weight, that my blood pressure will go back to normal.
For those of you who will be worried, such as family, or for those of you just curious, no this does not mean I am ready to become pregnant. James and I will be using other forms of protection that will not put hormones into my body. Yes we are ready for children, in every way, except for financially. Once we get that straightened out, we WILL be trying for children. Until then, we are not unprotected.
My plan, to start with:
-Eat less overall
-Eat healthier, substitute junk for healthier choices
-Cut out some pop
-Exercise at least 3-4 times a week for at least a half hour, if not more
I am not the type of person that can just cut out my favorite foods. I can't just say that I won't eat potatoes or sweets or hamburgers. I will never succeed that way. I just have to eat much less of the bad foods and more of the healthy foods.
I hope to add pictures a lot of myself, hopefully showing some progress, or of new foods I'm trying, or just whatever I feel like. No judgement please on my pictures.
So, here is to the start of something good. If you read my blog, I want no criticism or mean comments. This is my body, my health, and I am doing this my way. This blog is just to get out my feelings, whether I'm having a good day and lost 3 pounds or whether I'm having a bad day and had too much junk. This blog is to document my progress and my new goals. It's not meant to help anyone else, but if it does, then that's great. Feel free to comment with suggestions, ideas, or just to say thanks for giving you an idea. Just keep it positive.
Today's weight: 229.4

*Day 1*
**NOTE** Instead of doing multiple blog posts each day, if I have anything else to say, I will just add it onto whatever I started that morning. For example, everything above I wrote earlier this morning. Then I added the picture an hour or so later, and now below I'm gonna add exercise information for the day!
For those of you who don't know, we have Kinect for Xbox 360, which I feel is great for exercise, because you're moving the whole time. We have a few games, but two in particular which are good for exercise. One being Your Shape Fitness which is mainly just exercising. They have daily routines you can complete, fitness classes, and gym games. Usually you pick one routine to work on and you do that for 12 days and once you complete all 12 sessions you're done with that class and can move to another one. We also have Dance Central. That one for me is more fun, but probably does not make you lose as much weight. They do have workout mode though that I can keep track of how many calories are burned.
Exercise Day 1:
-Your Shape Fitness Kinect, Break A Sweat Routine, 20 minutes, 72 calories burned
-Your Shape Fitness Kinect, Zen Fitness Class: Ocean Part 1, 6 minutes, 10 calories burned, 77% correctly completed
-Yardwork, 1 hour (May not seem like much exercise, but pulling weeds is work for your arms, and my back is hurting too!)
Food Day 1:
-Breakfast: Two plain waffles with cream cheese instead of butter or syrup
-Lunch: Salad with some chicken cut up on it
-Dinner: Only one helping of spaghetti with white alfredo sauce, another salad, and unfortunately I had two pieces of cheesy garlic bread, but that's not too bad for day 1
-Snacks: NONE. I had no snacks today!
-Drinks: One pop, water, some hot coffee this morning, and a little cold coffee this afternoon
Not bad for Day 1!
A while back I tried for two months straight to lose weight. I dieted and exercised a lot. My weight fluctuated up and down the whole time, but I never got down more than 5 pounds. This time I changed one important variable, that should help the weight come off easier this time.
I have been taking birth control pills for more than 4 years straight. Before I started my pills, I weighed about 135. Since the day I started my pills I have steadily gained weight. Over 4 years I have gained 94 pounds. So yes, that currently makes me 229.4 pounds. Whether the weight was all from my pills or not, myself and many other people think that they had plenty to do with it.
So tuesday I took my last birth control pill, and yesterday was my first day without a pill. Today should be the start of the pills making their way out of my system. I'm hoping that by stopping my birth control the weight will come off easier. Also, I've been having some blood pressure issues for a while, and I'm hoping by stopping the pills and losing the weight, that my blood pressure will go back to normal.
For those of you who will be worried, such as family, or for those of you just curious, no this does not mean I am ready to become pregnant. James and I will be using other forms of protection that will not put hormones into my body. Yes we are ready for children, in every way, except for financially. Once we get that straightened out, we WILL be trying for children. Until then, we are not unprotected.
My plan, to start with:
-Eat less overall
-Eat healthier, substitute junk for healthier choices
-Cut out some pop
-Exercise at least 3-4 times a week for at least a half hour, if not more
I am not the type of person that can just cut out my favorite foods. I can't just say that I won't eat potatoes or sweets or hamburgers. I will never succeed that way. I just have to eat much less of the bad foods and more of the healthy foods.
I hope to add pictures a lot of myself, hopefully showing some progress, or of new foods I'm trying, or just whatever I feel like. No judgement please on my pictures.
So, here is to the start of something good. If you read my blog, I want no criticism or mean comments. This is my body, my health, and I am doing this my way. This blog is just to get out my feelings, whether I'm having a good day and lost 3 pounds or whether I'm having a bad day and had too much junk. This blog is to document my progress and my new goals. It's not meant to help anyone else, but if it does, then that's great. Feel free to comment with suggestions, ideas, or just to say thanks for giving you an idea. Just keep it positive.
Today's weight: 229.4

*Day 1*
**NOTE** Instead of doing multiple blog posts each day, if I have anything else to say, I will just add it onto whatever I started that morning. For example, everything above I wrote earlier this morning. Then I added the picture an hour or so later, and now below I'm gonna add exercise information for the day!
For those of you who don't know, we have Kinect for Xbox 360, which I feel is great for exercise, because you're moving the whole time. We have a few games, but two in particular which are good for exercise. One being Your Shape Fitness which is mainly just exercising. They have daily routines you can complete, fitness classes, and gym games. Usually you pick one routine to work on and you do that for 12 days and once you complete all 12 sessions you're done with that class and can move to another one. We also have Dance Central. That one for me is more fun, but probably does not make you lose as much weight. They do have workout mode though that I can keep track of how many calories are burned.
Exercise Day 1:
-Your Shape Fitness Kinect, Break A Sweat Routine, 20 minutes, 72 calories burned
-Your Shape Fitness Kinect, Zen Fitness Class: Ocean Part 1, 6 minutes, 10 calories burned, 77% correctly completed
-Yardwork, 1 hour (May not seem like much exercise, but pulling weeds is work for your arms, and my back is hurting too!)
Food Day 1:
-Breakfast: Two plain waffles with cream cheese instead of butter or syrup
-Lunch: Salad with some chicken cut up on it
-Dinner: Only one helping of spaghetti with white alfredo sauce, another salad, and unfortunately I had two pieces of cheesy garlic bread, but that's not too bad for day 1
-Snacks: NONE. I had no snacks today!
-Drinks: One pop, water, some hot coffee this morning, and a little cold coffee this afternoon
Not bad for Day 1!
I think this is great, you have a great plan planned out and I think taking the birth control out of the picture will definitely help things. I've heard horror stories of birth control making people gain weight and I know that it contributed to yours because I've seen you tiny, I've seen you lose weight and be a "normal" size that you're happy at. If you can do it when you're little, you can do it now.
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure if it'd help you, but my mom did Weight Watchers. You can do it all online, keep track of food and everything. The gist is you get so many points each day and everything has a point. Say you get 50 points, you can eat ANYTHING you want, but your points add up. You can eat a huge pizza to yourself as long as it equals 50 points, or you can eat little things here and there. You have to eat your amount of points each day. A lot of snacks at Walmart have the amount of points right on them. They even have a calculator that you can calculate points with. Not sure if that's something you'd want to try, but I wanted to let you know!
I know you can do this, it's gonna be a struggle, but you can do this. You have a lot of support from all of us!
Oh! And I think on Weight Waters, I believe it's things like fruit (not sure if veggies are included, it's possible!) that have no points at all :)
ReplyDelete