Music Therapy

I'm not sure what this has to do with weight loss, but still wanted to post it.

Today, as you have read, I've had a crappy day. Very stressed, very tired, very depressed, and just nothing was going right.

Music has always been a huge part of my life. When I was younger, I would spend hours with my sisters and my friends having like a dance club in my room. We would turn off the lights, turn on flashing colored lights, crank up the music and sing and dance for hours at a time. It was such a stress reliever and so much fun.

James likes music, but he's not really into the dancing part too much, and he usually only likes it really loud in the car, or when he's cleaning, so he's not much help in this department for me. I miss just dancing around with my sisters and my friends. It was also exercise. It's just not as fun alone.

Anyways, today I made my own form of music therapy that really keeped me from going insane today. My desktop computer (one good thing about it), is it has awesome speakers. Better than both our cars put together. So I downloaded some loud, but good, and very bass filled music and turned the music WAYYYY up, and my bass box all the way up. Sitting at my computer I can hear nothing but the music.

I spent the morning (like 4 or 5 hours), just sitting at my computer blasting music and singing my heart out. The music was so loud I could not even hear myself sing. And I did what little dancing in my chair I could do. Besides the morning, more than once today, off and on, including right this minute as I type this, I'm doing it again. Blasting music, and singing.

To me, this is the best stress reliever ever. Now if I could just go back in time and have fun dancing with my friends and my sisters in my room in the dark, it would just get a million times better. I really miss the old days and my friends. Today was at least a good enough substitute stress reliever.

I suggest to anyone who loves music, singing, and doesn't like loud music, to try this. It works for me.

I also love blasting music in the car and singing, but I usually get weird looks, and it's just not as good. Haha. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

38 Weeks

End of a Busy Week!

More Baby Movement?